New Venue, New Stand, New Partners – NewcastleGateshead hits Confex
13th December 2011
Categories: Convention Bureau News
As International Confex prepares to make its move to ExCel, London (06-08 March 2012), NewcastleGateshead is preparing its outfit – a striking new stand and a record 11 stand partners.
Jessica Roberts, Head of Business Tourism at NewcastleGateshead Convention Bureau, said: “NewcastleGateshead is a regular face at International Confex and we’re delighted to be joined by more stand partners than ever before. The rich variety of venues on offer within NewcastleGateshead is represented on our stand in 2012, with Alnwick Castle & The Alnwick Garden, Close House Hotel & Golf, and Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club all exhibiting for the first time.”
Alnwick Castle & The Alnwick Garden combines one of Britain’s most beautiful and historic landmark buildings with a stunning location in the heart of rural Northumberland and one of the world’s most exciting gardens. Alnwick Castle is perhaps best known as the backdrop for Harry Potter’s Hogwarts, while The Alnwick Garden is home to Europe’s largest tree house – both offer magical experiences and truly stunning spaces for events.
With its recent multi-million pound development, Close House Hotel & Golf is a fine Northumbrian stately home with majestic sweeping views, brand new luxury bedrooms and a fine championship golf course – with no less than Lee Westwood as attached golf tour professional. A selection of meeting rooms and Number 19 Clubhouse complete the picture, making it the ideal setting for corporate events and incentive programmes.
Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club joins the NewcastleGateshead team at Confex after a recent refocus on its conferencing and events offer.
Showing support for the UK events industry, NewcastleGateshead Convention Bureau will be hosting a special ‘Britain for Events’ drinks reception on Tuesday 06 March as part of the three day exhibition, celebrating all that’s great about Britain and showcasing some of NewcastleGateshead’s most interesting event spaces.
Jessica added: “The events industry is incredibly important to the whole of Britain, and this is typified no better than in NewcastleGateshead where the conference sector has an impact on a whole host of businesses from hospitality and nightlife, to taxis, cleaners and floristry; supporting 5,700 jobs and benefitting the local economy by an estimated £240m each year.
“We’re proud to support the Business Visits & Events Partnership’s ‘Britain for Events’ campaign, which culminates in March at International Confex. Our drinks reception will be inspired by all things quintessentially British – think afternoon tea with a twist!”
Joining NewcastleGateshead Convention Bureau at International Confex in 2012 are:
• Alnwick Castle and The Alnwick Garden
• The Assembly Rooms
• Close House & Golf
• Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
• Newcastle Civic Centre
• Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club
• Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
• Newcastle Racing & Events
• Rockliffe Hall
• The Sage Gateshead
• University of Sunderland
The Convention Bureau is also planning a host of other stand activity, which will be announced soon. Visit NewcastleGateshead Convention Bureau and its partners on stand (B210), To book an appointment, simply log in to Confex Connect and visit our page on the International Confex website - www.international-confex.com
For media enquiries contact:
Media & PR Manager
T. +44 (0)191 440 5739
M. +44 (0)771 763 1109
Notes to editors:
• NewcastleGateshead Initiative is a destination marketing and management agency; a public-private partnership supported by Gateshead and Newcastle City Councils, working with around 165 private sector member organisations across NewcastleGateshead and the wider region.
All of our activity aims to promote and position NewcastleGateshead as a world-class vibrant tourism destination, through targeted marketing and PR campaigns nationally and internationally and through the work of our cultural programming team and convention bureau.
NewcastleGateshead Initiative is supported by a board offering expertise from a range of sectors and professions. We also work with a wide range of partners, stakeholders and businesses, who share our ambition to promote NewcastleGateshead as a world-class place in which to live, learn, work, and visit.
• NewcastleGateshead Convention Bureau’s mission is to position and promote NewcastleGateshead as a leading European destination for leisure and business visitors through event bidding and high-profile, targeted destination marketing and PR activity.
Our Convention Bureau uses local knowledge and expertise to help organise conferences, meetings or events in NewcastleGateshead and the surrounding area. It provides a free service including arranging everything from venue sourcing and booking to accommodation, transport and entertainment for delegates. With a huge choice of state-of-the-art venues NewcastleGateshead is fast becoming one of the UK’s most popular destinations whether it’s for a meeting of 10 people or a conference for thousands.
• United by seven bridges across a spectacular riverscape, Newcastle (a city on the north bank of the River Tyne) and Gateshead (a town on the south bank) form a single, diverse and extremely vibrant visitor destination. World-class culture, vibrant nightlife, award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture are combined here like nowhere else, by the famous Geordie spirit which is symbolised by Antony Gormley’s iconic Angel of the North as it welcomes travellers to the area.
Imagery / Photography opportunities:
• www.NewcastleGateshead.com/Images - NewcastleGateshead’s Initiative’s extensive royalty free image library