A festival which passionately advocates to all the pleasures of creating and sharing good food and drink in the North East
EAT! NewcastleGateshead aims to:
- Elevate the profile of the North East as a producer and provider of quality food and drink
- Attract visitors from outside the region to the North East to sample the hospitality available.
- Champion local talent and provide opportunities for them to share their food knowledge and skills with industry professionals and the general public.
- Develop enthusiasm for the enjoyment of good, healthy food in local children and their families.
- Encourage strong connections between NewcastleGateshead and its local food and drink producers and awareness of the farm-to-fork journey.
- Encourage pleasurable and convivial encounters at the table.
Thanks to the following people have made EAT! 2012 possible:
Festival Producer: Jill Bennison
Creative Design and Construction: Adam Riley, Nicola Gartland (Room 33)
Cakebook: The Co-operative Membership, National Trust, Colin Oakley and Clare Armstrong, Let’s Get Cooking, Northumbria Tyne and Wear NHS Trust
Steering Group: Bob Arora, Matt Boyle, Peter Craig, Paula Davies, Rebecca Dutson, Andy Hook, Lizzy Kelk, Terry Laybourne, Becky McKenzie, Jamie Sadler, Anna Stacy
NewcastleGateshead Initiative: Carol Bell, Vikki Leaney, Maddie Maughan, David Brookbanks, Becky Madeley,Emma Hallington, Jason Yip, Dezra Riley, Chris Sutton