"The Convention Bureau team were utterly invaluable, providing advice and support backed by extensive local knowledge, besides entirely managing the delegates' accommodation needs. Brilliant!"
Chairman of the LOC, College of Emergency Medicine Conference 2011
"I can't believe it was May 2009 when we first contacted you! In terms of registration levels our conference has already proved a runaway success. We've never had more than 200 delegates before and we have 280 coming to NewcastleGateshead! Thank you so much for all the work, advice and support you have given us."
NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University; Chair, British Society of Paediatric Dentistry (BSPD) Conference 2012
"We could not have hosted such a major and hugely successful International Criminology Conference in July 2011 without the Convention Bureau’s fantastic professional support from start to finish."
Dr Pam Davies
Programme Director, School of Arts and Social Sciences, Northumbria University
"In collaboration with the American Institute for Conservation Book and Paper Group, the MA Conservation of Fine Art Program at Northumbria University held its first international meeting at The Sage Gateshead. The event was a great success, attended by over 130 delegates from all over the world. Invaluable assistance was provided by the Convention Bureau team who generously gave practical help and advice on many aspects of the planning. They provided an excellent, secure online accommodation booking service and extensive travellers' notes and advice for delegates. Altogether, a free, professional and efficient service."
School of Arts and Social, Sciences, Northumbria University
Our Conference Ambassador Programme is proven to work. Conference Ambassadors and their colleagues from our universities and hospitals, who are responsible for securing major events for the region, make a substantial contribution to the local economy.
Recent winning bids include:
- International Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Conference, June 2013 at Sage Gateshead.
- The International Colour Association, July 2013 at Sage Gateshead.
- The Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS) Conference, September 2013 at Sage Gateshead.
- The British Society of Periodontology (BSP) Conference, April 2014 at Sage Gateshead.
- The British Scholar Society (BSS) Conference, June 2014 at Newcastle University.
- Education in Computer Aided Architectural Design (eCAADe), September 2014 at Northumbria University.
- The British Association of American Studies (BAAS) Conference, April 2015 at Northumbria University.
- The British Society of Gerontology (BSG) Conference, July 2015 at Northumbria University.
- The Socio-Legal Studies Association (SLSA) Conference, April 2017 at Newcastle University.